Monday, March 18, 2019

A Bike Ride - Galapagos

I was training to be like a man named Arthur Lydiard. 
We had taken a taxi to the very top of a hill that was in the Galapagos Islands.  I walked a wee way, then broke into a fast jog.  Twenty seconds later I crested the top of the hill.  I waited for five minutes then saw Baxter, Mum and Dad.  I yelled, "I'm going around the crater."  I set off at the same jog.  Three quarters around the crater sweat was slowly pouring from my forehead.  I was feeling a tincy bit tired, but I kept going.  I thought that the next day my muscles would be aching.  As I got to the top of the hill back to the beginning I lay down on a rock puffing and exhausted.
Me and my brother bombed down the hill.  We jumped on our bikes.  All four off us set off downhill.  It was a ten mile mission, but we were prepared for it.
Next we arrived at the giant tortoise sanctuary.  There were little, medium and big tortoises.  There shells were bumpy and the little tortoises surprisingly moved quite fast.
It was afternoon, so we biked back to Wreck Bay.
The next day my legs were burning.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Logan. Love reading your true life stories. Keep them coming.You are going to love Galapagos and the animal and bird life. Luv Pop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Logan,
    Wow, you're having some amazing adventures. It's great to read your fantastic descriptions.
    lots of love from the Hays.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are all really fit Logan - I love reading about your adventures. Tamara ;-)

    ReplyDelete